Four people, including the factory owner and his wife, were killed Sunday morning in a blast at an illegal firecracker unit in Behta village under Gudamba police station limits, according to locals at the site. The district administration has so far confirmed two deaths, and rescue work is still underway.
The explosion flattened the building where firecrackers were being made and brought down two to three nearby houses. The sound was heard up to two kilometers away. Around 10 people were injured. Local residents rushed the wounded to nearby hospitals before police arrived. Two critically injured victims with burns over 70 percent are being treated at KGMU’s trauma center, doctors said.
LIVE
— Ashish Srivastava (@ashishaajtak) August 31, 2025
LUCKNOW में धमाका!… मकान बना मौत का मंजर – 2 की जान गई, 5 जिंदगी मौत से जंग में,लखनऊ में ‘बारूद का घर’! – धमाके से हिली धरती, चीखों से कांपा इलाका, फर्श से अर्श तक बिखरी तबाही – मौत और जख्म की दास्तान जारी दो लाशें, पांच घायल,
लखनऊ में गूंजा बारूद .चीखते लोग। @Uppolice pic.twitter.com/j6pBkxcRTW
#WATCH | Uttar Pradesh: An explosion occurred at a firecracker factory in Lucknow. Injuries and casualties feared. More details awaited.
— ANI (@ANI) August 31, 2025
CM Yogi Adityanath has expressed condolences to the bereaved families and also directed officers to reach the spot and speed up the relief… pic.twitter.com/4V9GrgXevq
VIDEO | Lucknow: Blast at a firecracker factory in Gudamba police station area causes factory walls to collapse. Lucknow District Magistrate Visakh G says, “We received information about a blast here, after which there was immediate response from police, medical and all concerned… pic.twitter.com/DdndjPWRXH
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) August 31, 2025
The blast shook the entire neighborhood, forcing residents to rush out of their homes. Locals were the first to begin rescue efforts, pulling out people trapped inside the debris. Additional fire tenders from Barabanki joined Lucknow teams to clear debris and secure the area.
District Magistrate Vishak G and senior police officers reached the spot and reviewed rescue operations. “The exact cause of the explosion is being investigated. Strict action will be taken if there is any violation of safety norms,” said District Magistrate Vishak G.
Forensic experts collected samples from the site. “So far, only materials used in firecracker making have been recovered. Prima facie, the blast appears to have occurred during the manufacturing process,” said Ajay Kumar Rai of the forensic team.
Uttar Pradesh: 2 Dead, 5 Injured In Explosion At Lucknow Firecracker FactoryResidents described the impact. “The house where the crackers were being made collapsed and adjoining homes also came down. Even my floor sank. At least four to five people must have died,” said Nasrul, a local resident.
The incident took place about 20 km from the district headquarters. Police said the search through the rubble will continue and the toll could change after full clearance. The administration reiterated that the official death count stands at two as of now.
You may also like
Ties looking up but key border difference remains; India says border peace insurance for ties
Kate Ferdinand reveals 'big worry' about Dubai move after packing up life with Rio
Ganesh Visarjan Day 5: Over 17,000 Idols Immersed In Mumbai, Legal Row Over Artificial Ponds
Tripura CM slams CPI(M) for 25 years of "negative mentality"; slams RJD, Congress over "abuses" hurled against PM Modi's late mother
Meghan and Harry's break from the royals branded a 'betrayal of Diana's values'